Have a project with us?
for our arrival by doing the following:
Floors, ceiling and walls: All should be cleaned prior to our arrival. This will reduce the amount of dust that falls onto the surface during application. All loose items must be removed (curtains, toiletries, mirrors, pictures, etc). Anything we remove is out of courtesy, and we will not be held responsible for any damage during the process. It is the customer’s responsibility to put everything back into its place after job is completed.
Plumbing: Any leaks coming from faucets, handles or any plumbing fixtures should be fixed before we arrive. Please remove overflow plate on tub and plumbing fixtures over the surface should be loosened or removed. Toilet must be removed if necessary; we need at least an eight-inch gap from the tub. We will not be held responsible for any plumbing fixtures that we have removed. We are not licensed plumbers. If fixtures cannot be removed, then we can mask them before applying the new finish.
Grout: The finish being applied will not fill in any missing grout. All grout must be in good condition before we arrive to achieve the best possible looking finish. Our coatings are applied at a very thin viscosity. Therefore; any unevenness, gaps, or pinholes in grout will not be hidden.
Paint and Wallpaper: We are required to tape and mask-off the perimeter of the substrate that will be refinished. When masking is removed any paint or wallpaper that is lifted, we will not be held accountable for the repairs. Any areas of concern please point them out, so we can use extra caution.
Caulking and sealant: All edges, seams, drains and hardware must be caulked and sealed for the finish to have a lasting result. Caulking should be installed at least 20-hours after the work is completed and before the first-use.
Masking: Some masking will be left around the refinished unit. We are not responsible for the removal or re-installation of doors, caulking, or masking. If you are not comfortable doing this, then please call our office and schedule a follow up visit. Additional fees may be incurred.
Cleaning: Resurfacing your tub is a construction project, during the process there will be some dust and construction material in the work area. You do not need to clean prior to our arrival. However; you should be prepared to clean any rooms in which we worked to remove sanding dust that may have settled. Bathroom Solutions is not responsible for post project cleaning.
Rules to Follow for Your Refinished Tub
- DO NOT use the surface for the specified number of days or hours recommended after completion of the job.
- DO NOT leave soap bottles or any objects on the tub.
- DO NOT let a leaky faucet go un-repaired.
- DO NOT use abrasive cleaners. No S-O-S pads. Nothing with ammonia or bleach.
- DO NOT use bathmats with suction cups underneath.
- DO NOT pick surface dust with your finger. Dust will fall onto the finish and this cannot be avoided as we are not working in a 100-percent dust-free environment. Any dust that settles onto the refinished surface will dissipate in 3-4 weeks of normal cleaning.
- DOT NOT clean animals in the refinished tub. Their claws will scratch the painted finish.
- The best way to keep your tub clean is to wipe it down with a towel after each use (this is to prevent soap scum build up). You do not have to wipe it dry.
- Maintain caulking around tub.
- Some good cleaners are Lysol Basin Tub and Tile, Mr. Clean, DOW, Fantastic. It is best to read the back label and it will generally tell you if it is usable or not for painted surfaces.
Please note: Standard colors for bathtubs, showers, and sinks are Kohler High gloss White or Kohler Biscuit. Other colors are available for a $100 custom-color charge.
Before & after
For more than 30 years, our family has perfected our methods of revitalizing any porcelain or acrylic tubs, as well as bathroom sinks, kitchen tiles, vanity tops, kitchen countertops to restore them to like-new condition.
" I was very impressed! So YES, I would recommend Bathroom Surface Solutions!"
- K. Snider
Over the last 30-years, our family has perfected our methods of revitalizing any porcelain or acrylic tubs, as well as bathroom sinks, kitchen tiles, vanity tops, kitchen countertops to restore them to like-new condition.
If you have any questions, then please contact us.
Rejuvenate the Surface
Does your Fiberglass or acrylic tub or shower have cracks, scratches or a weak bottom? Then, rejuvenate to like new.
See Our Process
Our countertop resurfacing techniques restore the original shine and luster to your countertop at a small fraction of the cost of a replacement.
Replacing a tub means days of work: removing the old tub, and installing the new one. Re-glazing a tub restores it to like-new condition at a fraction of the cost.